Tri-City Adventist School will endeavor to prevent the spread of communicable diseases by:
1) Expecting children to stay home when ill. Illness includes but is not limited to the following symptoms: a temperature of 100 degrees or greater, cough, runny nose, congestion, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or feeling ill.
2) Isolating sick students. If a student becomes ill while at school, the student will immediately be isolated from other students until parents can arrive to take the student home. The area(s) that the student had contact with will be cleaned and disinfected.
3) Washing hands. Students will be asked to wash their hands frequently throughout the day. These include (but are not limited to) arrival at school, after recess, before and after lunch, when they are dirty.
4) Cleaning surfaces. All surfaces that are used are cleaned each day. Surfaces that become soiled or dirty are immediately cleaned before being used again. Any object or surface that is used by more than one student is cleaned between uses.
5) Disinfecting. All high risk areas such as door handles, bathrooms, kitchen, sinks, drinking fountains, and athletic facilities are disinfected using an EPA registered disinfectant each day. Disinfecting is done when students are not present.
"The small environment has been a great growing place for my son"
~ TCAS Parent